Fairburn View Primary School is aiming to be a Brilliant school. We want all our pupils and staff to know that they are brilliant and we are learning to adopt a ‘We can and we will’ attitude to our living together as one community.
In September 2017 we welcomed Mr Richard McCann to school who shared with pupils, staff and parents his philosophy of an ‘I can’ attitude despite the many negative challenges that life may bring us. This rallying call has now given the pupils the opportunity to develop their new year’s resolution:
‘ To believe that we are Brilliant’.
One of the learning skills the school endorses is that each child is a resilient learner.
The staff (and pupils in June 2018) have worked with the Art of being Brilliant company to start the process of becoming a ‘Brilliant’ school as we work with each other in our attitude to school, family and friends and ultimately for the school to be a place of brilliance in the local community.
Fairburn View is becoming, is and will be a Brilliant school.
Fairburn View Primary School is a forward thinking learning community committed to excellence for all pupils.
We will endeavour to achieve this by:
- Constantly striving to find and create better ways of pursuing our goals.
- Providing a happy, supportive and safe environment in which everyone can achieve their full potential.
- Being truly inclusive and giving every child the opportunity to develop talents.
- Encouraging everyone to become creative, motivated and life-long learners prepared for an ever-changing, global community.
- Valuing and respecting every member of the school community.
- Recognising and celebrating success.